Expand Team Coaching
Expanding team potential to support & grow the business, the team, the individual and the wider system they are part of.
“Expand team coaching is about creating space where co-creative partnerships flourish. Our ambition is to contribute to the sustainable transformation of individuals, teams and organizations – a transformation that serves the world of tomorrow.”
Expand team coaching is a highly effective process that will enhance the performance of team members, the team as well as impacting the immediate business.
The team will expand and strengthen their potential at several levels:
- The performance of the individual leaders
- Enhanced capacity to contribute to the purpose and tasks of the team
- Heightened self-awareness and capacity to deal with increasing demands (VUCA World)
- The performance of the team
- Securing a clear commission and team purpose
- Optimize the way they work with common tasks, processes, and internal relations
- Building even better stakeholder relations
- The performance of the business
- Optimizing processes that supports the business and the system they are part of
Systemic team coaching is a process by which a team coach works with a whole team, both when they are together and when they are apart, in order to help them both improve their collective performance and how they work together, and also how they develop their collective leadership to more effectively engage with all their key stakeholder groups to jointly transform the wider business.
(Hawkins, 2011 & 2014)
An important aspect of this tailor made process is that it is anchored in relevant business challenges and opportunities. Securing learning and implementation is central to the proces.
Our approach is to engage all team members and key stakeholders in collecting information, that allows us all to understand the conditions of the team and the wider system more fully. It is our experience, that if we take care of the many levels and use different methods and activities in the coaching process, we will create better value and more sustainable results.
The flow of the work falls in 4 phases:
1.Initial contracting takes place with leader, and when relevant HR and primary stakeholder. We establish the purpose and the desired outcomes of the process.
2. Inquiry means that we dig deeper to understand not only the team and its members, but also the system they are part of. We design this phase together with the team. It can include dialogues with all team members, individual and team 360 feedback, interviews with relevant stakeholders, focus group interviews etc.This phase concludes with re-contracting with a more precise scope, outcomes and success criteria.
3. Change & implement is where we assist the team and its members to grow, learn and implement according to the plan we have made together. This phase usually lasts for 6-12 months and consists of different activities:
- Workshops with team coaching them on purpose, tasks, roles, internal and external relations according to established needs
- Participation in and facilitation of team meetings
- Coaching the connections between team and its key stakeholders & partners
- Individual coaching
4. Evaluation takes place against the established purpose and outcomes of the coaching process. Methods can be new individual and team 360 and KPI’s. To continue the learning, we assist the team in setting new outcomes.
Change & implement
Depending on the needs of the team, we will work on different levels:
- Personal motivation, outcomes, beliefs and behaviours relating to team performance
- Dealing with the relationships in the team – supporting diversity
- Team dynamics
- How the team works together to create better results than can be created individually
- Team purpose, strategy and tasks
- Team purpose, tasks, outcomes, roles etc. – creating a strategy that secures the team is delivering what is expected
- Stakeholder relationships
- Taking care of important stakeholders to support the team in delivering results and create best possible conditions for co-operation
- The wider system
- The importance of conditions in the wider system, eg. cultural, economic, political.
To secure optimal process and results, certain conditions must be in place:
- The team has important purpose and goals, they want to achieve and they have authority to implement the necessary changes.
- The organisation is supportive of the process.
- The members of the team are willing to engage in both team and individual coaching.
Time investment will be 2-4 off-site workshops/day meetings coaching the team, 4-6 individual coaching sessions of 1½ hours pr. team member, our participation in some of your team meetings and other activities and coaching key stakeholder connections – all over a period of 6-12 months.
The cost will depend on the final design of the process. Contact us for a meeting.
Download pdf: Team Connect 360 brochure